Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Snowy Texas

There is very few things that make me happier than SNOW.
I love snow. LOVE it. This white fluffy frozen H2O that falls from the heaven to transform everything into a magical and quiet place, have you ever noticed that? Whenever it snows it is so very peaceful outside. It’s like everything stops to see this amazing thing happen; these tiny little snowflakes, not one of which is the same as another. It’s so magical to me.

When I found out we would be moving to Texas I knew I would miss the snowy winters the most about PA. So when we got the 2nd biggest snowstorm in recorded history it was GLORIOUS! I was lucky enough that it was my day off so I decided to spend the entire day driving around looking at how this usually hot land looked covered in snow. Let me just say, Texas looks GOOOOD in snow!

I went to the restaurant I worked at and sat at the window and had soup and a sandwich and watched the snow fall. Then I went shopping to make clam chowder for dinner and just drove around. It was so lovely. I never thought we would see that again … at least not for a couple years if that. But I was pleasantly surprised when the rain turned into huge big wet snowflakes and slowly started sticking as the snow got less wet and the temperature dropped. Glorious!
Snow always makes me think how I should have had a winter wedding but you can’t guarantee snow and I would only want a winter wedding if I knew that if it wasn’t at least snowing it that everything was blanketed in snow, just not doable.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Megan. That's so funny because I was telling Paul that this weather makes me want to make soup for dinner tonight too! HA!
    GO EAGLES!!

    ReplyDelete