Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dandy Invitations

I have been impatiently waiting for when it was time to start designing our wedding invitations and FINALLY the day arrived … or rather the month :) Almost 4 months to go so I decided I could not wait any longer.

DesignsbyAdj did our Save-the-Dates and knew that she would also be doing our wedding invitations as well. She has beautiful designs and it’s really hard to pick one but I LOVE her dandelion design. It’s very simple but the details in the seeds are what sold me. There are a lot of dandelion invitations on Etsy but hers were by far my favorite. She will customize them to whatever you want and is so patient and pleasant to deal with. Not to mention at $3.25 a set it’s a great deal. She also uses recycled card stock and the envelopes are 100% recycled as well.
Her RSVP cards are in postcard style which I adore and you don’t need envelopes for them! I also included on the RSVP a spot for the guests to suggest a song to be played during the reception. I really like the idea of our guest contributing to our special day.
I can’t wait to see them in person and start addressing all the invitations! We are sending our out 2 months before because we do have out of state people on our “B” List and want to give them ample time to book a flight and hotel and not have it completely last minute. Plus I really just like to have everything done as early as possible. No last minute things to stress about especially since I live 1,500 miles from where the wedding is.

2 comments:

  1. those are beautiful!! I love the dandelions and the song request. The postcard RSVP is so chic, we loved it and so many guests commented they they did too.

    ReplyDelete