Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mason Jar Goodness

Mason jars are just so hot right now and I dig it. I love how something that was so country and old time has been transformed into something sort of chic and elegant.
I have always had this love of mason jars … maybe it’s because when I was growing up we always use to save jars and use them as cups for us kids. In fact a lot of jelly jars had cartoon pictures on them so it made sense to just wash them out and use them; nice way to save money and my mom didn’t care if we broke one (we CONSTANTLY breaking glasses). My dad was a pilot as well and use to bring back all these different kinds of mustards which were always in cool jars and glasses, some of which look like small wine glasses and he still asks his brother to bring him back some so he can accumulate more of them. But I always loved drinking out of the jars than regular glasses. I don’t know why I just liked them; always the perfect size and they were different.

So when we decided to have an outdoor wedding I thought it would be really fitting if we served our drinks in jars. I just adore the look and they are so cheap! My caterer is also serving fresh lemonade and peach iced tea and they offered to start serving them as people arrived for the ceremony since they will be there setting up for cocktail hour and the reception. (Best caterer EVER!)

Source

Source

Source

Source

I had the idea to make my own jar candles and it’s surprisingly cheap to do it. It costs $50 for a 50lbs bag of soy candle wax and less than $9 for a roll of wick. SO $60 to make all the candles I want … I am shying away from using votives because they don’t last long and I don’t want them going out before the night it over and having to go around and put a new one in and relight it. I just don’t want to worry about that.

Source

Source

Source

Some more mason jar goodness ....BTW I tots loves this idea for a chandelier! I am seriously considering making one if not for the wedding than for out pergola we plan on building in our backyard :)

Source

Source Unknown

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment