Monday, January 10, 2011

Fabulous Flats

I have always had the worst time finding the perfect shoe for an outfit or dress. I end up going to every shoe store there is and can never seem to find that perfect shoe. It is beyond annoying. This is one big reason why I probably have the smallest shoe collection of any woman in the world. Don’t get me wrong I do LOVE shoes, especially boots but shopping and trying them on is just beyond irritating. Does it fit? Is it the right size? Is it comfortable? That’s the big one for me. If a shoe isn’t comfortable I won’t get it, but that narrows down the pool of cute going out shoes quite a bit. I love the way heels look but unless they are low or a wedge I can wear them for a total of 5 mins before my feet start killing me. Plus I always shied away from shoes that made me taller than I already am, especially in High School. It was hard enough try to find a guy my height without heels. Now Patrick is exactly the same height as me (but honestly he is about a half inch shorter) But he LOVES me in heels! He actually got me to be a lot me confident in them and buying some every now an then to wear out to clubs and nice occasions.

I feel like all the cutest shoes are heels though and for the wedding I do not want to wear heels. It’s going to be outside and I’ll be walking on grass the whole time PLUS I’ll be standing probably 90% of the time so I need something I won’t be dying in. I also want them to be beautiful in photographs, so I don’t want them to be boring. I don’t know if other brides think about that when choosing a shoe but it is top of the list for me.

My real problem is finding a flat or super low heel that is super adorable is harder than you would think. I swear the shoe designers hate people who don’t wear heels! Lucky for me I have an amazing MOH who LOVES shoes and knows all the best places to find cute ones. These are some fabulous flat that

Calvin Klein

Anne

Beverly Feldman

Naughty Monkey

A. Marinelli

Martinez Valero

J. Renee`

I did really want a purple shoe but there are barely ANY purple flats let alone ones that are for a special occasion.

Purple Satin

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Beautiful wedding day shoes on the flatter side are so hard to find. I am a shoe girl though, so I knew I was up to the task. My shoes were 3/4ths of an inch and I *loved* them (still do!)

    ReplyDelete