Saturday, January 8, 2011

Phillys in Dallas

Patrick: “What the heck is the point of these things? Are we going to use them in our wedding invitations?”
Me: “No.”
Patrick: “Our save the dates?”
Me: “No.”
Patrick: “Well than what?”
Me: “Well they are for us…. I don’t know people just do them. It’s our first professional pictures together.” That’s right I honestly have no idea why people get engagement pictures done. He had a good point.
I am really into photography. I minored in it in college and would have loved to have majored and gone to Mass Art University in Boston but I also know I wanted to teach. Teaching won. There is a certain look and style of photography I like. I was never a fan or portraits but the photographers out there now have such a creative and inventive style that I knew I wanted pictures of “us”. You don’t just get photographed in a studio or in a beautiful spot sitting or standing next to each other. These photos capture you as a couple with your personality shining through and each picture is more a work of art than anything else. I also wanted them to capture the beginning our our new life in Dallas which is why we chose to get them done in the art district of Dallas, TX. It was a gorgeous day on October 30th and I think about 80 degrees out! We got to run around my favorite area of Dallas and see a lot of things we hadn't yet get to explore. It was a truly fantastic day and couldn't have been possible without our amazing photographer Hansel Dobbs!
I know a lot of people opt to not get them done but I can honestly say it was the best thing we did as a couple. We now have pictures of us to hang in our house and give to our family. Also it really gives you a preview of what it’s going to be like for your wedding pictures. I know now we will be a lot more comfortable and natural which is so important when getting photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment