Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do Me A Favor

I have been struggling with trying to find a cute and personal favor for our wedding guests! I think of and idea that I think would be a fantastic idea and then something goes wrong or it send up being pricier than I budgeted for. I don’t want to just have some thing that doesn’t represent either of us or even just one of us! I’d rather not give any favors if I can’t come up with something that goes with the wedding and is a cute idea.

The first idea I came up with was to have cake lollies that my MOH and I would make a couple of days before. I wanted to stick them in tiny little pots so they looked like dandelions! Sounds adorable right? Found on Bakerella.

Well it may be adorable but when it came time for me to make the lollies for a birthday at work they were HORRIBLE! Seriously and they took FOREVER! Uhg it was so frustrating. Basically I gave up on that idea as I tossed all the failed lollies in the trash and sat on the couch to pout. What was I going to do now?!

Than one day at work someone mentioned to me how when I get married I’m going to be an M&M since my first and last initial with both be M’s . Well that’s a cute idea! Not to mention Patrick LOVES M&M’s but now you can get personalized ones! So super sweet!
It’s pretty neat how much you can do to personalize these M&M’s. You can pick 3 colors and 4 options of either pictures or texts. So I could have some that have a dandelion, some with our wedding date, some with our initials and then maybe even someone with our picture. I mean the sky really is the limit. PLUS I found a couple cute options for jars to put them in.
Found on Wedding Ideas and Jar Supplier

But than last night I I started reading a cook book my sister gave me for Christmas. It’s called ‘The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook’ by Rachel Saunders. She is AMAZING! The book has step by step instructions and pictures to help you see what it should look like at every stage and what it should look like when done. It’s amazing. I wish I had it right now to read again and look through all the yummy recipes I want to make.
Anyways enough of the rambling, I now think it would be super adorable if I made jam as our wedding favors! How freakin cute is that idea?!?! Seriously you know you want to too. The best thing is that jams stay for a long time so I could start making them 2 months out and just ship them to my parents’ house. Fan-freakin-tastic is what that is my friends. I even picked out a couple of recipes that sound so good. I would make a couple flavors that’s way there is variety! I also found this amazing wholesale jar supply site where you can get them so cheap! I would probably do 3oz jars, that way I can get more out of one batch of jam (you have to make jam in small batches, you can’t double or triple the batches because it will not come out right).
haven’t decided for sure if I am going to make jam but it is definitely my favorite idea right now. I think once I figure out how much it will cost me to make will be the deciding factor if I do the jam or the M&M idea. I am going to try and make some jam this weekend and I VERY excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment