Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wedding Dress Nostalgia

So I was deleting pictures from my camera last night when I came across pictures of me trying on wedding dresses. Specifically MY wedding dress and it got me all chocked up again.

I don’t know if every bride has that moment but I knew before I even saw myself in it, before it was even zipped, I had a feeling this dress was special. As soon as I saw myself in the mirror, my breath caught and I just bust into tears. There was no if and or buts about it. This was MY dress, the dress I would wear as I married then man I loved.

God that sound so damn cheesy, and honestly I never thought I would ever cry. I mean how silly to cry over a piece of clothing. I have this fantastic sweater but I surely did not cry when I first tried it on and said “dear GOD this is the most fantastic sweater EVER”, LOL no because that would be CRAZY. It’s not like I cried when I found my senior prom dress either. It’s a damn dress WTF! But lots of girls find themselves crying over this white dress (or in my case ivory). Maybe it’s because it’s something you have wanted for so long and dreamed about and finally it’s REAL.

OR maybe I’m just a crier. Which is quite possible, I do cry during every Disney movie and sad scene. Either way it took ONE day, 2 shops and MAYBE 20 dresses to find THE dress. It always baffles me when I watch ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ and these girls find the dress of their dreams and they walk away or let people talk them out of it. Um It’s YOUR wedding dress right? My mom asked me if I wanted to keep looking and I said “Why? This is the dress.” I mean what else is there? Did you have the same reaction to your wedding dress?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you weren't crying over the Dress but over the Moment and all of the other Moments that are on their way! I didn't cry the day I tried it on.. but I cried when I showed it to my mom, my sister, his mom, and on the Day I wore it. (I know I am a "crier" but that's what great mascara is for lol) I just found your blog and I am glad I did. I just got married on 10/23/10 in Philly and had the best day curiosity of some amazing vendors. I am looking forward to reading more as you plan :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara glad to have you and congrats on your marriage that is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete