Saturday, December 18, 2010

Black Swan

If you haven’t seen it, GO!
If you haven’t heard of it let me tell you this movie was awesome!

Black Swan is a psychological thriller starring Natalie Portman and in my opinion this is her best roll by far.
It’s about a ballet dancer who gets the part of Swan Queen in the ballet company’s new rendition of Swan Lake. Portman’s character is the perfect white swan, innocent, quite, graceful, but she must also dance the part of the black swan and the pressures and stress of it starts driving her mad. She But in all honesty I’m pretty sure she was a little crazy before. Her character is so childlike, her mother wakes her every morning, helps dress her and puts her to bed. It is very unnerving.

I love the movie because this role she has to dance becomes her reality and each person is a personified version of a part from Swan Lake. It was just very well done with the character development and cinematography; very beautiful yet extremely disturbing to watching.

Also if you have any nail or skin phobias, be warned that it is pretty hard to watch at times. I don’t want to give anything in the plot away … I always hate reviews that do that so I will just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment