Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Cake of a Different Flavor

Oh cake how I love thee, but let’s NOT count thy ways. There are infinite combinations of cake flavors. I mean how is someone able to pick just ONE flavor for one of the most important days of their lives?! I mean this could just be a personal dilemma I found myself in, because I do know some people who don’t like cake. Insanity I know, but a fact none the less.

I remember everything about the first wedding I ever went to. I was young, like 12 I think. The food is still the best I remember and the Wedding cake was a chocolate chip cake with white frosting. I honestly don’t remember the icing flavor at all just the cake. Chocolate chip!?! I didn’t even know it was possible! Ever since then I have always wanted to have a chocolate chip wedding cake.
The dress, the wedding colors, I never knew any of that, but the cake …. That’s was easy, or so I thought.

But than last year I worked in a French Bakery and it opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Carrot Cake. I never knew that Carrot Cake could be so moist and flavorful! Oh and the cream cheese icing… I could have made a cake-less cake with this icing, I kid you not. I mean look at it!
I mean this cake even has nuts in it and I really dislike nuts in my dessert. It is the best cake I have ever eaten and I had to stare at it all day at work. I never knew I had such will power!

But wait, who wants carrot cake at their wedding, and what about my chocolate chip dream cake? Besides it not being traditional (I am all about untraditional btw) not many people like carrot cake. Let’s face it; it’s just not a popular cake. So my question is; what do you do when you’re favorite cake is not a crowd pleaser?

For me, it is simple. You get both! I know this might sound a little crazy but why not get both. Where is it written that you cannot have 2 different cakes in one wedding cake? I mean the tiers are basically separate sections of the cake. I could even go as far as to have a chocolate filling in the chocolate chip cake part. I could even go buck wild and have THREE flavors and maybe do the third as a chocolate cake with raspberry filling or maybe a peanut butter filling! Or maybe I just go the traditional route and have the third flavor be a yellow cake with vanilla or even butter cream filling.

Now you would have to have the over all icing of the cake be the same, so in the end if you do decide one just isn’t enough, then you have to pick cake flavors that go well with one common icing. For me it’s got to be the cream cheese icing, hands down. It is pure blissful deliciousness.

3 comments:

  1. i loooove cake...but surprisingly, i wasn't too into it for my own wedding. we got it through our caterer, she made a suggestion and i said ok. everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting our through our caterer as well so i'm hoping their carrot cake is if not as good at least close :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog, it's adorable! feel free to stop by mine and say hello :)

    she said yes!

    ReplyDelete