Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 2010 Lunar Eclips

Did anyone stay up to watch the lunar eclipse?
I have a wonderful FI who told me about it and then called me to wake me up at 2:15am so I could see it. Definitely a once in a lifetime sight to see. Yes I know Lunar eclipses happen every couple years but this one fell on the Winter Solstice and that hasn't happen since 1638! It was only 2nd time a lunar eclipse fell on a Solstice in the common Era. The Common Era is the time after Christ so that is pretty amazing if you ask me :-) My wonderful FI had told me that it was the 2nd one since the dawn of time lol not quite and my gullible butt believed him and said this to people ... I need to go

The next one will not be so far in the future but I doubt I will live to be 112 so I had to see this one. I love wikipedia and rely completely on them for all my facts lol I use to use them to study for history tests in College and it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment