Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finalizing & Fun

I went home this past weekend to do all the finalizing of the wedding details. I got my trial wedding day make-up done as well as my hair (which were both AMAZING!), went and had lunch with my sister and mom at our caterer’s cafĂ© and got to talk about cake design as well. I also picked out the linens and tables; if you remember from before my mother and I were butting heads about me wanting family style seating and her and my dad wanting round tables. Well when we finally went to the rental place and saw the tables and looked at pictures (which I have been emailing her btw) she was like “oh sweetie your right that looks so nice”. I WIN! Huge weight to be lifted I must say. Then we both agreed that my centerpiece idea was complicated and we needed to simplify which is why we are now doing simple easy hydrangeas! I have always loved them and thought about doing that in the beginning but then like many things my ideas and thoughts went overboard and complicated. I finally feel relaxed and grounded and not stressed in the least about how everything will turn out because everything has just started falling into place and it is oh so lovely! There were a few surprises while I was home. Thanks to my AMAZING MOH and bridesmaids of course; they through me a surprise bachelorette party on Friday! And yes it was really a surprise; I mean I was in shock for at least 30 mins, to the point where I was sitting on the party bus just staring at everyone lol. They told me I looked terrified and I said I was! HAHA! Honestly though I could not imagine a better bach party, even if we had gone to Vegas. This was so perfect and oh did I mention how they got me the HOTTEST STRIPER EVERRRRR! Hahahaha to all you girls who detest male strippers, I, myself am not a fan but this guy ….. Oh man was he SO sexy and super nice, like not creepy in the least. It’s funny too because I guess when my MOH was picking the guy you had 3 options: Black, White, Mystery Man … and she picked Mystery Man! Hahahaha! Such a super good time I will never forget, and yes I remember the entire night. Then on Sunday they tried to throw me a surprise Bridal Shower but I figured it ALL out and when I walked through the door I yelled “SURPRISE!” hahaha too funny. Nellie, my MOH, made home made cookies and baked brie and then my sister Amanda cooked all this amazing food like sliders and chicken with a Thai peanut curry sauce, and then they got wings from my fav wing joint. I was amazing. Oh and did I mention my MOH also made sangria … Yeh not store bought but actually made it …. Ridiculous! Everything was so great and I am so grateful to have such amazing women in my life to do this for me AND get me amazing gifts! Seriously I am the luckiest bride. You should SEE the custom garter belt (and throw away) they got me not to mention ALL the beautiful kitchen stuff and some good stuff for the honeymoon ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment